Q: Rear window not going up

asked by on February 08, 2016

My rear driver's side window will not go up. I can hear the motor running.

Window Motor / Regulator Assembly Replacement $163.38 - $1089.81 Get a Quote

The window regulator in that door has broken. The window regulator uses a series of cables and pulleys to move the window up and down. Oftentimes, the pulleys, (which are made of plastic,) will break. When this happens, the cables come out of place and you have the problem you are describing. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you and replace the broken window regulator.