Q: Radio not working - 2003 Lexus LS430

My back window on my Lexus was replaced and they forgot to put the receptors back on, so the radio does not work. They ordered a new window from Lexus and replaced it again, but the radio still doesn't work. Is there something I need to reset to get it working?

A: It would seem the issue is a connection pro...

It would seem the issue is a connection problem. If the wire from the windshield to the radio has been cut or pinched, it could be a short causing your radio to not function at all. There are ways to trace those kind of shorts with a multimeter. As far as a factory reset for the radio itself, check the owners manual or vehicle handbook to see if there is a guide for this. If it is not a stock radio, you will need to check your deck’s manufacturer manual. All makes and models will vary, if they are equipped. Your issue is most likely a connection problem. If you’d like to have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the wiring and have this addressed.