Q: Radio not working - 2003 Lexus LS430

asked by on September 06, 2016

My back window on my Lexus was replaced and they forgot to put the receptors back on, so the radio does not work. They ordered a new window from Lexus and replaced it again, but the radio still doesn't work. Is there something I need to reset to get it working?

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It would seem the issue is a connection problem. If the wire from the windshield to the radio has been cut or pinched, it could be a short causing your radio to not function at all. There are ways to trace those kind of shorts with a multimeter. As far as a factory reset for the radio itself, check the owners manual or vehicle handbook to see if there is a guide for this. If it is not a stock radio, you will need to check your deck’s manufacturer manual. All makes and models will vary, if they are equipped. Your issue is most likely a connection problem. If you’d like to have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the wiring and have this addressed.