Q: How do you dim or brighten the interior lights?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you dim or brighten the interior lights?

Your car is equipped with adjustable interior lights to provide better visibility during different driving conditions. They automatically turn on when you turn on the headlights, but you can manually control their brightness with the panel dimmer control. Here’s how:

• Rotate the dimmer control down to dim the lights. Stop when you have the brightness you want.

• Rotate the dimmer control up to brighten the lights. Stop when you have the brightness you want.

• Rotate the dimmer control all the way up (past the detent) to turn on the dome lights and other interior lights not normally used when driving.

Tip

If your battery dies or is replaced, the dimmer switch has to be recalibrated. This only requires rotating it from the lowest setting to the highest (past the detent to turn on the dome light).