Q: Overheating

Hello, my car overheated on my way to work you could barely see the smoke. When I got there and cooled off looked under hood the water pump was off so we clamped It back on and attempted to make it home then take to shop the next morning. On our way the gage started moving up so we slowed down it went down then went back up. Then the throttle indicator came on and the gage went down below the red the car started making noises but you could barely see smoke as we approached an exit in a attempt to just get it towed and the car shut off and wouldn't crank back up. We looked under the hood and the hose bust back off. I hope I didn't do any damage to the engine. Is there any insight of what is going on

The excessive pressure causing the hoses to blow off suggests that your cooling system is not flowing properly and that there is a back up of some kind somewhere in the system. This is generally caused by a faulty thermostat not functioning properly or a clogged radiator not allowing the circulate as it should. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system.