Q: Throbbing exhaust sound.

So today a basketball got wedged under my car, and we back up and went over it. Now we hear a throbbing sounds. Think of an old train the startup, like a thud, thud sound, that's kind of what it sounds like. But it's close to where the exhaust goes up into the middle of the car. What might this be? How much might this cost? Also now the low traction is on does this have anything to do with it?

Hello. The cost for something like this will largely depend on which components (if any) are damaged. You should have the vehicle put up on a lift and the underneath of the vehicle inspected for damaged parts. The exhaust may have gotten bent or pushed out of position. The low traction light can be caused by a damaged or bad wheel sensor and the system would then need to be tested. If you would like to have the sound checked, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise and assist with the proper repairs.