Q: My 2002 vw passat is trembling while parked , trembling during acceleration and at speeds under 40 mph . can u give me some advice

My car is trembling / shaking while in park , when accelerating and at speeds under 50 mph. I was thinking spark plugs, gas pump or throttle .

An engine shake can be caused by a number of reasons. A broken or disconnected vacuum hose can effect the air/fuel mixture enough to cause a "lean misfire" and make the engine shake. The VW / Audi 2.8ltr is known for vacuum leaks. Another possible cause could be ignition related. The ignition coil may be faulty - another 2.8ltr common fault. Worn spark plugs can be a cause as can poor fuel pressure. Low fuel pressure can be due to a dirty fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, or fuel pump. A stretched timing belt can cause erratic timing signals and make the engine shake as well. With a number of possible causes, have a certified technician inspect the vehicle to find and repair the exact cause.

3. My 2002 vw passat is trembling while parked , trembling during acceleration and at speeds under 40 mph . can u give me some advice