Q: Car stalls when pressing brake pedal

Every time I press the brake pedal in my car it turns off and I have to restart it again. I put in new spark plugs, but it is still stalling.

A: An experienced technician will be able to d...

An experienced technician will be able to determine whether the stalling is directly connected to the application of the brake pedal. The vehicle is equipped with a brake booster which uses engine intake manifold vacuum to offer power assisted braking. A leak here has the potential for a large vacuum leak which can stall the engine. Have an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, take a closer look and scan vehicle data while the engine is running and the brake pedal is applied to determine why the car is stalling.