Q: 2014 Dodge Avenger SE Exhaust Sound Fix / Upgrade

asked by on September 26, 2016

So i recently bought a 2014 Dodge Avenger SE with 15000 miles on it and i have to say this car wants to get up and go. Its a blast to drive and is fun, however one thing has been bugging me. The exhaust sound. Inside my car i can hear a bit of a muscle sound when i step on it. However outside my car towards the engine and exhaust it sounds.... Zippy or Electric i would say. Doesn't sound very impressive even though it has power. I am wondering if there is anyway to improve this. Either by finding out i have some type of silencer on my car, or by investing maybe $800 to $1000 on some parts. When it comes to cars i'm not very techie at the moment. Give me a computer i can build you a monster and explain everything down to the wires. Give me a car i struggle a bit, so i thought to seek from those with more experience.

Your car should not have any type of silencer on it other than the factory muffler and catalytic converter. In terms of giving it a more impressive exhaust sound, there are certainly options for exhaust by performance exhaust manufacturers such as Mopar performance (Factory Dodge), MBRP, Flowmaster and AFE to name a few. I would recommend investigating some of these brands as they offer many different options related to exhaust. There are generally a couple of options when it comes to performance exhaust 1) "cat back" options which generally include the exhaust from the catalytic converter back to the muffler and 2) headers all the way back to the mufflers. This is an exhaust system that starts at the cylinder heads and goes all the way back to the mufflers, which generally offers a much more "complete" exhaust system allowing for much better breathing when in terms of exhaust.