While driving & without warning, my van will suddenly tur...

Q: While driving & without warning, my van will suddenly turn off.

While driving & without warning, my van will suddenly turn off. I am able to coast to the side of the road. The engine will turn over, but will not start. After waiting 5-10 minutes, the car will restart & I can continue on my way. This has been happening for about 2 months now, about once every 1-2 weeks. It has happened while cruising, while accelerating, and while waiting at a stoplight - always without warning.
I replaced the fuel pump about 1.5 weeks ago - thinking that would solve the issue - but it happened again today. My van has about 260,000 miles on it.

Hi Karl. Thanks for contacting us today. What you are describing is arguably one of the hardest items to diagnose, but is typically caused by an electrical short. In some cases, a loose wire to an ignition system component, such as a crankshaft or cam position sensor, can cause ignition timing to shut off quickly, which will instantly stall the engine. It can also be caused by a faulty electrical relay. The only advice I can suggest is to have a professional mechanic complete an electrical inspection, so they can determine if there is a short or another glitch that can resolve your issues.