Q: Loud squeal when I press clutch pedal.

asked by on October 11, 2017

96 mustang gt. Started out with a lite grinding sound now has turned into extremely loud squealing when I press clutch pedal in. Does not squeal when clutch is released. Car Starting to get really sluggish and not moving very well when I put in gear and try to start driving.

It is possible that you have an internal transmission issue. It is also possible that the clutch itself could be worn out causing this issue. I would recommend having a qualified professional inspect your transmission to determine the exact cause of this issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr