Q: Car stopped randomly and didn't drive afterwards

hi i was driving and stopped at a red light as the green light changed the car doesn't drive its a semi automatic car it doesnt move it had a circle red light come on with what i think it is a brake i dont no exactly then i turned the engine of and after couple minute it drove can you let what the issue whether it safe to drive as i have 3 kids thank you soo much My car has 34000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission

Hello, thanks for writing in. The computer will go into a failure mode and may not allow the electronic throttle to open if it detects a major computer or sensor fault. There can be many possible failures that will cause this failure mode to become active. This is a fail safe so the vehicle does not loose speed control.

If the brake and the throttle is pressed at the same time it will cause the same problem since the computer sees the brake indicating you want to stop and the throttle says you want to go. This conflict will cause the throttle not to open. If you do not have a Check Engine Light or any warning light on then you may have done this.

If the Check Engine Light or other warning light is on then the stored code needs to be tested and diagnosed by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Car stopped randomly and didn't drive afterwards