Q: How do I arm the anti-theft alarm?

How do I arm the anti-theft alarm?

While nothing can completely prevent a car from being stolen, an anti-theft alarm is a fantastic tool for tipping the odds in your favor. Arming the anti-theft alarm in the vehicle can be done in a few simple steps:

1. To start, one of the front doors should be open.

2. Look for a light to briefly illuminate on the dashboard that confirms the alarm is activated after pressing the lock button on the keyless entry remote.

3. Close the door. 30 Seconds after the doors are all closed, the system will be armed.

4. To disarm the system, unlock the truck with the keyless entry remote. If the door is unlocked with the key, putting the key into the ignition and turning it on will disarm the alarm.

Tips

• Once the alarm is going off, pressing the unlock button on the keyless entry remote or inside the vehicle will turn it off.

• To test the alarm, reach in an open window and open a locked door when the alarm is armed. Be ready to hit the unlock button to shut the alarm off.

3. How do I arm the anti-theft alarm?