Q: How do I reset anti theft on a Hyundai Santa Fe?

asked by on March 11, 2017

Anti theft system has kicked on and needs to be reset. Steering wheel will not lock, anti theft warning beeps when door is opened, car will not start in park or neutral.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The vehicles systems can be reset just by disconnecting the battery for an hour and all fault codes are usually cleared once the power is disconnected. however, this will not clear any problems with the vehicle. If there is a component with a hard fault, this will come back immediately. You may be experiencing multiple concerns like a faulted steering wheel lock, anti-theft fault and a malfunctioning park/neutral safety switch. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look to full the anti-theft fault codes and offer a more personal diagnosis of your anti-theft concerns.