Q: What do you think could be wrong?

So before today, my car was running fine and normal. As I started it up today, it felt a little more bumpier than usual but I pushed it off. As I started driving, the bumpiness stayed and along came a squealingish noise from the engine area. Also to note, as I placed it in drive and left it there, instead of slowly rolling forward, it kind of jerked itself forward. As I got out to look and see what was going on, the noise appeared to come from a belt and the little motor running the belt. It sounded and looked bad. Please help.

A: Hi there: What you're describing appea...

Hi there:

What you're describing appears to be a problem with the serpentine belt; which powers many of your vehicle's components including the alternator, power steering, and air conditioning systems. When the belt or the pulley's that turn the belt are worn out, it can cause the belt to become loose; which causes the noise. However, it may not always cause the driving symptoms you're experiencing.

The best thing for you to do, in order to make sure your issue is fixed correctly, is to have a professional mobile mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come visit you and inspect the noise coming from your car. This service will allow a professional mechanic to diagnose what's going on with your Lexus onsite and recommend the correct repairs be completed.