Q: Do I need to go for a transmission fluid change? The manual says 60,000 miles.

asked by on February 09, 2017

Do I need to change the transmission fluid? The car is a 2009 but has 28,000 miles.

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $440.73 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle should be fine with the existing transmission fluid for another 45,000 miles or so. This is assuming that the transmission functions normally and that there are no signs of excess transmission wear. If your transmission is shifting roughly, is delayed, or making any noises you will want to drain the fluid and perform a full inspection. If you require any further assistance with the vehicle, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.