Q: Car shuts off when driving at a very low speed

Car shuts off i have to re-start it but it comes right back on

3. Car shuts off when driving at a very low speed

Q: Will a Oxygen senor keep your car from cranking

You could completely remove the oxygen sensor(s) from the vehicle and that would not prevent the engine from starting. However, if you have a bad coolant temperature sensor which prevents the ECM/PCM from adjusting the air fuel ratio at start-up,...

Q: Q: Car not changing gears

The transmission will most likely need to be replaced. I do not suggest driving the vehicle in this condition as serious engine damage will occur if the engine is redlined too much. A certified mechanic from YourMechanic can visit your...

Q: What could be the cause of my car not starting?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1999 Pontiac Grand Am. This car's engine is known to have a problem with engine speed sensors like the crankshaft and camshaft sensors. The fuel pump is also known to have issues...