Q: Clunking sound coming from left front wheel

While driving I'm hearing a light but consistent clunking noise when I drive at lower speeds (35-40MPH) while going around corners and just driving in general. Ride of the car and steering doesn't seem to be effected at all the sound also seems to be louder when it's cold in the morning during the day after it gets warm the sound almost goes away. Checked the CV axle joints no tears or leaks. Think it may be bad strut mount?

Hi there. Actually, either of the 2 components you mention (CV joint or strut mount) could cause the behavior you are experiencing. A CV joint can fail (internally) without tearing the boot, and CV joint noise is often more pronounced when turning corners under power - at a traffic light turn for example.

Failing strut mounts will tend to squeak or groan when turning, but "clunk" when encountering a bump or pothole. If you would like to have a professional confirm the diagnosis of the noise and move forward with proper repairs, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to assist you.