Q: Car is making a grinding noise and brakes pop when turning and braking

When turning and braking, there is a grinding and popping/jumping feeling in the brakes. The pedal gets pushed back and tightens up then releases and gets soft again. Just curious what this might be and if it's just the brakes or something with the suspension or bearings. Thanks

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe. From what you’ve described I believe you have a problem with your brakes. Screeching and popping could all be due to brakes pads being metal to metal. You need to have these replaced as soon as possible. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or offie to diagnose your brake system and make the necessary repairs.

3. Car is making a grinding noise and brakes pop when turning and braking