Q: Battery or alternator problems?

Have to jump my battery to start my car. Once i turn it off, it will not start (Just clicks) unless I jump it again. What could be the issue?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. If the car ru...

Hello, thanks for writing in. If the car runs fine once it is started, then the alternator should be fine. I would replace the battery because it is not holding a charge. Once it is replaced I would check the alternator just to make sure it is charging fine.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.