Q: My car randomly shakes

My car will begin to vibrate randomly at varying speeds. I can feel it in the steering wheel and the front of the car. The only time it stops is when i turn the wheel about 90 degrees or i come to a near stop.

A: The shaking you are feeling is likely a tir...

The shaking you are feeling is likely a tire or suspension issue. As with diagnosing any problem, start with the simple solutions first.

Make sure your tires are properly and evenly inflated. Make sure your tires are balanced properly. Tires that are old or damaged can cause a shake or pull. This can usually be inspected visually. Even loose lug nuts can cause tire shake. If all of these components are in good condition, look to the suspension. You can visually check if anything is broken or if the CV joints have failed. Less commonly, a brake pad can engage and cause a pull or vibration. This would require a full brake inspection.

If you need help determining the source of the shaking, have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to help get your car back in full working order.