Q: Car keeps stalling

asked by on February 12, 2016

A new fuel pump and fuel filter have been installed, and it has a two-year-old carburetor. But it stalls out everytime I step on the gas pedal. I blocked the EGR valve, but it still did the same thing.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like your problem lies in the fuel/air mixture going to the carburetor. If the fuel/air mixture is not accurate, the idle needs to be checked with a vacuum gauge and adjusted to the proper idle and vacuum to keep the car running when you step on the gas. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to diagnose your stalling issue and have this service performed for you.