Q: O2 sensor failed

asked by on February 05, 2016

I let my truck sit over the weekend and it won't start. The oil level is fine, but the light did come on, telling me to change it, before I parked it. I am also losing coolant.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Catalytic Converter Replacement $291.63 - $3214.07 Get a Quote

Hi there. A p0420 usually means the catalytic convert is not performing as well as it needs to. Over time, the catalytic converters fill up with carbon and and will not filter out the exhaust gas as efficiently as they should, which means a replacement is needed. I would recommend having a technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect for any error codes and replace the catalytic converter if necessary.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr