Q: Check Engine Light - 2013 Chevrolet Malibu

I backed into a car. Not super fast, just enough to put a few scratches in the other persons car and crack the back lamp and then crack my back bumper. My engine light came on and I have no clue why. And whenever I try to use heat in my car it makes a weird sound. Thoughts?

Hi there:

Sometimes minor fender bender can trigger other issues to appear, especially if a loose sensor or wire was damaged during the incident. If the engine is making a weird sound while the heater is active, it’s possible that the heater motor or coolant lines that provide heat to the system might be loose or damaged. The best way to know for sure is to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection. This inspection will allow them to download any error codes and trace any issues your Malibu might have.

3. Check Engine Light - 2013 Chevrolet Malibu