Q: car not starting at all after draining the battery completely, even tho the the battery has been fully charged and there no drain

hi, i drive an honda jazz 2003 1.4 and it was running perfectly, the other day i ran the battery down (completely) then took the battery to the garage and got it charged properly and I'm 100% sure theres over 12.45 V currently in there, but for some reason the car won't turn over when i put the key in the ignition, it turns fine and the hazard lights and the horn works fine and the fuses look good also, however nothing else does, please can you help me before i have to pay loads of money which i don't have

Hey there. Thanks for writing in today about the starting issue on your 2003 Honda. Running the battery down completely is definitely not a good thing, but it can cause other issues to occur. One of the most common is that draining your battery may have upset your cars ECU (on board computer) that controls the electrical sensors and components on your car. Sometimes the fix is very simple, and a certified mechanic can plug in the diagnostic computer and find out what error codes are being shown. In many cases, they can reset those codes and the problem is fixed.

In some cases however, the drained out battery can cause fuses to break or other major electrical problems to occur. Your best bet is to contact a local ASE certified mechanic to visit you, so they can start from step one. I recommend having a certified mechanic perform an electrical system inspection in order to diagnose and resolve this problem.

• car not starting at all after draining the battery completely, even tho the the battery has been fully charged and there no drain