Q: Bad Ecu

I have a bad Ecu and you guys told me that you can't find the part or you can't help me my truck is riding hard and my EVAP is staying open I replaced it with a new one and it still doing the same-thing can a mechanic program the Ecu

Any time a computer module is replaced it needs special programming to work with your vehicles other modules and program it to start and run your engine. The programming for the ECU can only be done by a specialized scanner the dealer will only have access to. Some aftermarket companies have some programming capabilities for older vehicles, but they may not be able to work on your ECU. You may have no choice but to go to the dealer to get it done.