Q: Car shuts off while driving

Car shuts down while driving , but the radiater fan stays on ,

A: Hello. Most of the time if the car just shu...

Hello. Most of the time if the car just shuts right off then it is caused by a main relay that is failing or a distributor issue. I usually start by determining if the engine is losing spark or fuel or both when this occurs. If it is just spark then I check the distributor for any issues. This is the most common. If it loses just fuel or both then it may be the main relay. This relay would need to be tested when the problem is occurring to be able to know for sure. If you need to have this stalling problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.