Q: Joshua, I have a '02 Acura MDX with about 90K miles. It has always been garaged (since 2003). It's probably time to change the m

asked by on April 18, 2017

Time to replace master timing belt. What else do you suggest I do as well at the same time? Water pump? Alternator? Other drive belts? I'm a firm believer in doing preventive maintenance.

Brian

Since all the belts need to be removed to get to the timing belt I would recommend all accessory belts be replaced also. I would also recommend replacing the water pump and thermostat at the same time since the water pump needs timing belt removed to get to the water pump and would be a preventative measure and recommended by most any mechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr