Q: 2012 Chevy Camaro SS -MAF sensor replaced per OEM code; however, engine still idling rough Knocking from passenger side increases

2012 Chevy Camaro SS -MAF sensor replaced per OEM code; however, engine still idling rough. Knocking from passenger side increases with increase RPMs. Oil pressure is above average/moderately high.What’s wrong?

A blocked oil passage can cause high oil pressure and of course lack of oil flow can cause engine noise. However, it is not clear from your inquiry if your oil pressure is really out of spec high. OBD-II codes can never be the sole basis on which to replace a part. That means that unless the MAF sensor was actually directly tested, per the factory instructions, it may very well have been perfectly good. Trouble codes represent clues only and trouble codes never represent a diagnostic. Trouble codes can even turn out to be entirely irrelevant or misleading. I would need the trouble code that arose in your case to determine if there is any likelihood of a relation between the code and the rough idle. Generally, rough idle can be caused by a bad tank of gasoline, dirty fuel injectors, incorrect idle speed, exhaust restrictions, vacuum leaks, incorrectly installed or damaged spark plugs, a defective or clogged fuel pump or fuel filter, failing electrical components such as the ignition control module, plug wires, coils, and spark plugs, a defective airflow sensor, dirty oxygen sensors and other causes. Although you are reporting the possibility of oil pressure issues, engine noise and rough operation, if you simply request a rough operation/rough idle diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will perform the required diagnostic steps to get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2012 Chevy Camaro SS -MAF sensor replaced per OEM code; however, engine still idling rough Knocking from passenger side increases