Q: White, puffy smoke from tailpipe

I see white, puffy smoke coming from the tailpipe. The first mechanic said it's my turbo seal, and the second mechanic said it might be my intake gasket. I already had my valve cover gasket done by the first mechanic.

A: Hello! There may also be an internal engine...

Hello! There may also be an internal engine issue with the valve seals, or piston rings causing the smoke; this can be verified through a compression test. To verify if the turbo is leaking, I suggest a visual inspection of the turbo be performed; a technician should be able to see any leaks that may be present through the ports on the turbo. If there are any leaks, you may likely have to rebuild or replace the turbo. I suggest having an experienced mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to your vehicle’s location to determine the cause of the tailpipe smoke, and recommend the best path to repair.