Q: Is it normal when I'm driving that my steering wheel has a little tilt.

When I'm driving I notice my steering wheel isn't perfectly straight it has alittle bit of a tilt. Does that mean the alignment is off or is that just normal my dad says its normal and it's fine but I just wanted to ask a professional to see what you have to say.

Hi there:

First off, thanks for contacting us about the steering wheel issue with your 2011 Chrysler 200. Your dad is partially right, as having a steering wheel with a small "tilt" to one side is not a serious issue; as long as it doesn’t have a lot of "play" in the steering wheel. By "play" I’m talking about if you’re able to move the steering wheel a lot to the left or right without the tires moving and the engine is started. That could be a problem with your steering column that should be inspected and repaired by a professional mechanic.

You’ll notice that your front end alignment is off if your car wants to drive left or right without any input to your steering wheel or if your tires are wearing more on the insides or outsides. The next time you buy tires, have your front end alignment set and during that inspection the mechanic can straighten your steering wheel for you rather easily.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider contacting YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to the cars location to diagnose your steering issue and make the necessary repairs.

• Is it normal when I'm driving that my steering wheel has a little tilt.