Q: Engine wont start

my car started revving at high rpms when i turned a corner, i shut off the car after coming to a stop but then would not start again. now theres a grinding noise whenever i turn the key but the engine wont start. i replaced the battery as well as the starter.

A: It sounds like you may have experienced som...

It sounds like you may have experienced some internal transmission damage. This vehicle is a front wheel drive car so the transmission is in the front of the vehicle rather than under the front seat.

Due to the placement of the transmission and the drivetrain setup, the cornering has an effect on the transmission. This is because the CV axles are what sends power from the transmission to the wheels. When the wheels are turned, some of this turning force is enacted upon the transmission through the CV axles.

I would recommend having the transmission inspected to determine if any internal damage exists. I would also recommend having the intake manifold removed in order to gain access to the starter. Once the starter has been removed, you should be able to get a visual look at what is causing the grinding noise.

If you need assistance with these checks, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the starting issue firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs. Best of luck.