Q: My 95 Ranger shakes when accelerating from a complete stop.

My truck starts shaking when I accelerate from a complete stop. Once I get going it's fine. When I lightly press the gas it shake and when I really press the gas it revs high and barely moves like it's stuck in gear. When I get going the tranny shifts fine, and there's no shaking going in reverse from a complete stop, only accelerating forward.

A: Hey there. The different responses based on...

Hey there. The different responses based on whether you are attempting to move forward or backward, suggests it might be a broken transmission or motor - allowing both to move around when the engine generates power for forward motion. Reverse has a "lower" gear ratio, generating less speed, and requiring less engine power. If you would like to have this checked by an expert, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the shaking and vibrating issue so that this can be repaired correctly.