Q: My 95 Ranger shakes when accelerating from a complete stop.

My truck starts shaking when I accelerate from a complete stop. Once I get going it's fine. When I lightly press the gas it shake and when I really press the gas it revs high and barely moves like it's stuck in gear. When I get going the tranny shifts fine, and there's no shaking going in reverse from a complete stop, only accelerating forward.

Hey there. The different responses based on whether you are attempting to move forward or backward, suggests it might be a broken transmission or motor - allowing both to move around when the engine generates power for forward motion. Reverse has a "lower" gear ratio, generating less speed, and requiring less engine power. If you would like to have this checked by an expert, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shaking and vibrating issue so that this can be repaired correctly.

3. My 95 Ranger shakes when accelerating from a complete stop.