Q: Car won't crank. I think its the timimg belt

When i replace the timing belt will by car start to work again. And how do i know if the engine is not bad

A: Hey there. I'm a little confused by you...

Hey there. I'm a little confused by your issue. If your car's engine won't crank over, it typically is related to the starter motor or ignition system. A broken timing belt will prohibit the motor from spinning over, but you'll hear the starter engage.

If the car won't start, but the engines cranks over, it is either fuel or electronically-related. The best solution would be for you to contact a local ASE certified mechanic who can help you properly diagnose the no-start, so you don't waste time or money repairing something that may not be the actual cause of the motor not starting.