Q: TMPS/PS Light

asked by on February 18, 2017

Hello,

I have a 2009 Nissan Cube. While driving the TPMS light started flashing and remained on. I checked the tire pressure, and it is fine. Now the PS light is on and I have lost power steering. Could the tire senors be the cause and need replacement?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, and thank you for writing in. The power steering system, TPMS system, and the stability control are all connected. The problems do likely coincide. To start, consider any changes the TPMS system could have gone through (change of tires, bumped a curb, hard stop, slight fender bender). If there is any reason to believe the system could have become uncalibrated, the sensors could need to be replaced or reprogrammed. With the warning lights on, there will be a diagnostic code saved in the computer which will tell you what the computer has detected is wrong. From there you can decide what component or part of the system needs your attention and take corrective action. With those troubleshooting codes, it is a guessing game. For more help taking corrective action, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.