Would a rack a pinion cause popping when I turn? power st...

Q: Would a rack a pinion cause popping when I turn?

asked by on March 18, 2017

I got my tie rods fixed recently at models and they said I need a rack a pinion will this cause my car to pop? Also they said my cradle is cracked. About how much and how would I fix these problems

Hi ShaCora,

A rack and pinion steering system will not make a direct popping sound, but if the bushings are broken or damaged, then the system will move around and pop against the frame.

We suggest an inspection to perform a full diagnostic to your vehicle. We can create a quote for you but remember that this is based upon the information you are providing and our mechanic may arrive on site and determine other issues or same.

Also we recommend you to provide the report form your previous service providers to the mechanic.

Best Regards,

Erick YourMechanic Customer Service Team