Q: I have a 2007 GMC Acadia and I'm experiencing a hesitation when I accelerate from a stop.

I have a 2007 GMC Acadia and I'm experiencing a hesitation when I accelerate from a stop.

Hi there. The hesitation would be a communication error with the transmission. Also, if the transmission is low on fluid there could be a hesitation when accelerating. Check the transmission fluid level and make sure that it is full. Check the harness to the transmission and make sure that it is connected and tight. You may have to have the computer flashed (reprogrammed) for the transmission. These symptoms are common to your vehicle year and type. The other things that could cause the vehicle to hesitate is a dirty or failed mass air flow sensor (MAF), a faulty fuel pump, a plugged fuel filter, a throttle position sensor failure, or dirty fuel injectors. Check all of the components and replace what is not working properly and retest the situation. If you need further assistance with your vehicle hesitating on acceleration, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I have a 2007 GMC Acadia and I'm experiencing a hesitation when I accelerate from a stop.