Q: Heat not working in 2005 chrysler pacifica.

I just recently purchased a 2005 chrysler pacifica. Two mornings in a row i statted the car to warm it up and nothing was coming out of the vents. It was still under a 30 day warranty so i took it back to the dealer i purchased it from. I explained the situation and he said he would take care of it. The next day i went back and he started explaining thay it was a bigger car and that it takes a while to heat up. This drew a red flag because nothing at all was coming out of the vents. So i then asked well what did you have your mechanic fix?. He told me he thinks he replaced the thermostat. In my head was thinking that a thermostat wouldnt have to deal with the problem i was having. Does this seem right?

Hi there. It’s possible that a failure in the thermostat (on the radiator) could cause a heater malfunction; but it would also impact the vehicle’s overall cooling system and overheat your vehicle. It’s more than likely that you’re having an issue with the heater core, or an obstruction of coolant inside the core that may be causing your heater issue. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a heater is not working inspection.

3. Heat not working in 2005 chrysler pacifica.