Q: Start up is okay. Blue smoke, rough idle, and stalling. Cannot rev motor. (2002 Nissan Elgrand)

Nissan Elgrand 2002 engine light on, starts ok, cannot rev if you want to in park, blows smoke, it later stalls....please help

A: The blue smoke is due to oil leaking into t...

The blue smoke is due to oil leaking into the combustion chambers. The cause can vary from fairly easy to fix worn out valve stem oil seals to more costly faults such as leaking piston rings or head gasket failures.

Rough idle, stalling, and inability to increase engine speed can be due to fuel starvation (itself due to failed fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, non-functioning fuel injectors), engine or valve timing maladjustment and ignition system faults.

If YourMechanic services your region, a certified professional can be dispatched to your home or office to diagnose the causes of these issues and make a repair recommendation so that you can get your car running properly.