Q: Starting issue in 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan

I have 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan. If I try to start it, sometimes it doesn't run. One time it took it an hour to start. Please help.

The first thing you want to do is find out what isn’t working. If you try to turn the key and nothing happens, and the starter isn’t turning over, then have the battery load tested. It could be a bad battery or it could be a bad starter. But if you try the starter and the engine makes a starting sound but it doesn’t start up, then it’s much more complicated.

I’ve got a video for that "fixing the car that cranks but won’t start up"--watch that. You’d want to check if the fuel pump is working, if you have fuel going into the fuel injectors, and if there are any massive vacuum leaks in the engine like big holes in the engine that sucks air. If you want to have a professional take a look, a certified technician can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s starting issue and determine what repairs are needed.

3. Starting issue in 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan