Q: White smoke coming out of car

asked by on February 08, 2016

There is a lot of white smoke coming out of my car. It runs great but leaks oil and smokes.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Depending on what the smoke looks like and also depending on what fluids you are losing would help me to determine the problem. If the smoke has a blue cast to it then it may be burning oil. If it is just white then it is burning coolant. If it is coolant then you more than likely have a blown head gasket. If it is blue the. It may be valve stem seals that are leaking. Both would require that the top end of the engine be taken apart and rebuilt. If the smoke does not give a mechanic any certain clues then he would typically do a block test to verify if it is a head gasket problem. You can always have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the smoke coming from your car to determine what your specific issue is.