Q: Cleaning the cabin air filter with compressed air

What are your thoughts about cleaning the cabin air filter with compressed air? I don't believe that it should be washed with the soap and water at all. Some have to use compressed air to get it in and out.

Sure, not a bad idea--spray it with compressed air. Realize that if you’ve got one of those ones that’s darker black, that’s a charcoal. You can blow the dust out but eventually the charcoal breaks down and it doesn’t filter odors anymore. So, if you’ve got a dark one, it’s a charcoal filter. In this case just go buy another one as the charcoal is going to wear down after a certain period. You can certainly blow it with compressed air, just do it backward. If the air comes from above, you’ll want to blow the other way with compressed air and blow the dirt out so that you do not blow it back in.