Q: Alternator is not working and the instrument lights are out.

asked by on December 21, 2016

my car was stalling most of the time and shaking and the car became idle almost at every stop. now the car starts but the instruments lights are off, is necessary to have a diagnosis to pinpoint the real problem with a Mercedes-Benz diagnosis tool. The problem started.After I replaced the fuel pump, Mercedes-Benz dealer told me that the fuel pump was not working so I replaced myself. The alternator is not working but I have the part.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the charging system is not working, that is something that needs to be corrected first. Your car has a whole network of computer modules that will behave very strangely if the system voltage is not correct. Once you have the charging system working right is the time to run a diagnostic with the Mercedes SDS. You’re right in that a conventional diagnostic scanner is not going to do the trick. I wouldn’t spend any time trying to work out the instrument light thing until running the diagnostic. You can contact your mechanic and have a technician come to your home or office to check out your car and tell you if any of these problems are related and what it may take to fix them.