Q: Car will not start

I went to start my car one morning and it would not start, would not turn over. Only one click will happen, so I got a new starter. My mechanic started and shut off car in front of me several times and it seemed to be fixed. Next day it did the same thing, no start and one click. So I replaced the alternator and once again it seemed to be working fine, went to get gas right after that and car would not turn back on again. Battery has been checked and is fine. Would like a couple ideas before I start replacing a bunch of things I don't need. Seems weird to me that it will run but then won't start back up even after replacing starter and alternator.

Hi there. Thanks for writing into about the starting issues with your 1993 Honda Civic Del Sol. After reading your question, it appears that you might have a problem with the ignition switch itself if others are able to start it, but you’re having trouble. However, it could also be an electrical gremlin that is very difficult to diagnose from across the keyboard. Before you spend any more money with that mechanic, it may be a good idea to get a second opinion from another expert. If you would like this checked, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue and let you know what needs to be done.

3. Car will not start