Q: My car won't start I just got a new starter , when I try to start my car it make a click sound nothing else.

My car won't start I got a new starter and new battery, when I try to start my car it make a click sound ,

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. It sounds like a weak battery, however there are other possibilities that can create the same symptom. Has the battery been tested? Have it tested with a digital volt/ohm tester that provides current voltage, cold cranking amps, and state of health; replace as necessary. Any corrosion on the terminals? Do the terminals fit properly? Corroded and loose terminals prevent proper voltage and amperage from reaching the starter and will need to be repaired. Has a voltage drop test been performed on the cable to the starter to check for excessive resistance? Any corrosion that makes its way into the cable can create resistance and lower the available voltage and amperage to the starter; this will need to be replaced if this is the case. If all checks ok, then the new starter could be faulty and need to be replaced. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car does not start inspection.

3. My car won't start I just got a new starter , when I try to start my car it make a click sound nothing else.