Mistaken Fueling With Non-ethanol fuel accent 2010 hyunda...

Q: Mistaken Fueling With Non-ethanol fuel

asked by on August 26, 2017

I recently filled my tank with non-ethanol fuel. I realized it was a big mistake immediately and had no resource to sciphin the gas from my car. The engine light came on and has been flashing and sputtering/shaking/jerking and sometimes even cutting off while driving. I intend to keep it off the road until I can figure out what is wrong. It also doesn't have the same power it normally does- so I know the mistake I made was when I filled it up with that gasoline. What could it have done to my engine? And does the engine need to be replaced?

Hi There, Vehicles from 2001 and newer are able to operate on fuels that contain ethanol levels from 0-15%. If your vehicle happens to be a flex fuel vehicle, this would allow it to operate on fuels containing anywhere from 0-85% ethanol. Additionally, flex fuel vehicles are able to switch between regular fuels, E-10, E-85 and any other combination without any issues. Your vehicle should be fine with the fuel you have put in it.