Q: Startup difficulty

asked by on July 25, 2016

My car usually start up, but it occasionally happens that it can't be started. When this happens, I have to wait for about an hour and eventually I would succeed in turning it on. I had several parts replaced on the car, including the camshaft sensor, the battery along with the clutch safety switch. Also, the starter checks out fine. What could be causing this?

Hello there, a few different things can cause an intermittent no start condition. The most likely causes are the battery, fuel pump, starter, ignition switch, battery cable or a wiring fault. You have replaced a few of these components, but quite a few others can still be the cause. I recommend getting the no start issue inspected by a certified mechanic in person to make sure that the correct repair is made. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose the starting fault and perform any repairs required.