Q: Startup difficulty

My car usually start up, but it occasionally happens that it can't be started. When this happens, I have to wait for about an hour and eventually I would succeed in turning it on. I had several parts replaced on the car, including the camshaft sensor, the battery along with the clutch safety switch. Also, the starter checks out fine. What could be causing this?

A: Hello there, a few different things can cau...

Hello there, a few different things can cause an intermittent no start condition. The most likely causes are the battery, fuel pump, starter, ignition switch, battery cable or a wiring fault. You have replaced a few of these components, but quite a few others can still be the cause. I recommend getting the no start issue inspected by a certified mechanic in person to make sure that the correct repair is made. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose the starting fault and perform any repairs required.