Q: Recieved the signed title but no bill of sale after purchasing a car

What do you do if you purchase a vehicle and receive the signed title, but no bill of sale and the seller is unwilling to provide a bill of sale?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. Usually, the ...

Hello, thanks for writing in. Usually, the bill of sale is most valuable for disclosing the terms of the sale - purchase price, any qualifications on condition or warranty for the vehicle. Check with your local tag & title office to see what their requirements are, but a signed title, with a statement of mileage, is usually adequate for proof of "legal transfer of ownership".