Q: Got a problem with the tail lights on 99 Lincoln town car

asked by on September 29, 2017

Got a problem with the running lights. Headlights brake lights and signal light works but tail light not. Checked fuses already.

It sounds like you may have one of the filaments burnt in the brake light bulb. The brake light bulb has two separate filaments that receive power separately depending on the function. One is for the brake lights when the brake pedal is pushed and the other is just for basic running tail lights. When one or either of these gets burnt or breaks, you may notice one of them not working while the other remains working. I would suggest removing the bulb to inspect for small burnt filaments inside the bulbs. You should see a very small thin wire that will be broken if this is the case.