Q: Water got into my motor

Well I passed through some and it got into my motor I got it home and we checked the spark plugs the first one was wet from water and the car is not starting but it clicks. So what would I have to change the starter? Motor? Spark plugs?

A: The first thing to do is to remove all the ...

The first thing to do is to remove all the spark plugs, air filter, and check the engine oil to see if it has not been overfilled. Then turn over the motor to see if it will turn.

If you just hear a loud click from the starter then you may have locked up the motor by bending the rods to the pistons. The engine would then be not repairable if that were the case. If the engine turns over and pushes out all the excessive water then you can put in the spark plugs and replace the air filter and start the motor maybe. If you have full coverage insurance I’d suggest calling your insurance company.

If you need some help with these check, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can perform these checks to assess the condition of the motor.