Q: Car stalling when driving

The car starts and drives for a few minutes before the engine stalls and the car goes into electric power only mode. The engine is giving me codes P0068 and P0106.

Both of the codes you mentioned have the MAP sensor in common. It is possible that the MAP sensor is faulty on your vehicle. When the vehicle’s PCM picks up that the MAP sensor is not functioning, it goes into electric mode automatically.

The P0068 code is referring to the computer getting a contradictory reading from any of three sensors responsible for giving such output, one of which is the MAP sensor. The P0106 code is related directly to the MAP sensor.

I would recommend having a certified mechanic test the MAP sensor, using the manufacturer’s diagnostic procedure. If the MAP sensor is faulty, have it replaced to avoid any further damage to your vehicle.